Latin Kvartal Cup
WDSF OPEN International Classification Tournament
The Latin Kvartal Cup is one of the biggest competitions for all age groups, it is the central event in the dance sport of Russia, a peculiar show of the best achievements of Russian dancers and athletes from abroad. Rating competitions of the International Dance Sport Federation (WDSF) are held at the Latin Kvartal Cup tournament.
In the days of the Latin Kvartal Cup, Moscow becomes a concentration of all the best and most interesting in sports ballroom dancing. During the four dynamic days, more than 7,000 people compete, and more than 10,000 spectators follow the competition. Dancers from more than 23 countries of near and far abroad take part in the competition.
In terms of scale and level of holding, the Latin Kvartal Cup is considered to be one of the most prestigious and spectacular competitions not only in Russia, but also in the world, it has been held annually for 16 years.
The tournament is held in the hotel «Aquarium», which is a very functionally convenient place for visiting athletes.
Traditionally at the tournament:
- extraordinary presenter of the hosts — Dmitry Predko and Ivars Batis;
- excellent work of sound engineer Evgeny Melnikov and DJ Maksy
- live music performed by the orchestra (Saturday and Sunday)
- a new format of live broadcasts with interviews of Russian and foreign judges, as well as competitors
- unique decorations of the famous Latin Kvartal of Paris.
- show performance of members Latin Kvartal Dance Centre